Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

Another outtake

This scene is fun, but it's struck a lot of my road crew as being out of character. Trevor being noble where Kerri is concerned?

They have a very good point, so here it is for you now.



When he opened his eyes again, the first thing he could focus on was some guy standing below the bar, giving Rusty lewd looks. For some reason, the over-protective Mitchell wasn't clued in. And Rusty, of course, was returning those looks with an uncomprehending stare that any horny idiot would take as an invitation.

"Can you tell him to pass her my way when he's done?" the guy yelled up. He gave Rusty another ogle and winked at Trevor.

"She's Mitchell's." He held his own girl more tightly to his side; there was no way that dick was going to get ideas about her next. Not until he'd spent at least one really hot night with her.

"So? Keep a girl like that for yourself and I'll never buy another of your records again!"

Before he could think, Trevor had let go of his girl and launched himself at the dick. He landed square, forcing them both to the floor and scattering the crowd -- not entirely gracefully. A few innocents went down, a girl screamed in horror at the filth on the floor, and before he'd had a chance to throw a punch, someone was pulling the dick out from under him. That, of course, forced him to his feet.

"What the fuck?" he yelled, determined to get out of this one. "What the fuck just happened here? One second, I'm on the bar with my girl and the next I'm on top of you? Asshole, I oughta…" He trailed off as Eric pulled him another step back.

People started congratulating him on a great fight, and he strained to hear sirens wailing over the noise of the club. If they weren't on the way, he'd gotten away with one all right -- but for what? Rusty's honor?

That girl had none.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
I don't think it's out of character...
I mean part of the Trev/Kerri dynamic is that Kerri makes Trev do things out of character sometimes and even he doesn't always know why.
 
Hmm, that's a good point. I shall have to ponder that quite a bit and maybe put this back in.

I think it'll depend on the feedback I get from it here. If everyone likes the scene enough...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home