Tuesday, July 17, 2007

 

Susan Speaks: THIS is a rocking blogger wench?

In the past few weeks, I've been graced with the Rockin' Chick/Wench blogger award a few times. Three, to be exact. (What's odd is that I've gotten three Thinking Blogger Awards, too. Who says the number three isn't charmed? Not this third child!)

Rhian
Red
and She

have all decided that I rock and roll as hard as Trevor and the gang, something that flatters me to no end. I'm proud to be a Rockin' Chick/Wench blogger. More than you know, especially because Roberta, the originator of the award, mentioned me in her list of recipients. (And yes, whenever I see someone giving ME the props for changing the award to Rockin' Wench, I make sure to correct them. That's all Rhian's doing. I'm graphically challenged.)

But there are times when I don't feel so rocking. No, not that monthly thing (that's definitely playing in TMI zones). It's this contest of mine. The Summer's Hidden Treasures Contest.

Maybe the month-long window for entrants is too long. Maybe it's just that it's harder to establish exactly what a Hidden Treasure book is, even though it seems obvious to me and the Crew working behind the scenes. Finding a book that debuted in a calendar year might be much easier (so stay tuned for next winter! We'll do it again!).

At any rate, I'm finding myself running over to blogs I find that have book reviews that qualify as a Hidden Treasure ... and inviting them to enter. "You've done the hard work; come reap the reward!" I'm telling them.

They are taking me up on this, of course. I mean, have you seen the prize list lately???

It's hard to rock when you're chasing down entrants to your contest, ya know? But when I stop and think about what Trevor would do if he were the one in my place, I know that I'm doing exactly the right thing (although a bit less seductively). Rock and roll is loud and it feels good, but no one said it was non-stop glamour.

Help me make an author's day, why don't you? (yes, our friends published by Ellora's Cave and Samhain and other royalty-paying e-publishers qualify!) In this age when sales mean more than anything else to an author's career, we readers owe it to the good writers to make sure that people hear about them. Here's your chance to point out an under-rated writer AND potentially get rewarded for it.

Besides, it'll make me feel like I really DO rock.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I'm here from Michele's today....I don't have a book to submit, I'm sorry to say...So I won't be entering your contest...!
Conratulations on your Awards!
 
Hi Susan,
I just joined a book club and we are reading "The Kite Runner" which I'm supposed to have finished by next week. I haven't even started it yet. I'm behind in reading, I'm behind in housework, I'm behind in everything! I would have loved to joined in -- next time, I hopefully will! It's a great, great idea!
And your blogs do SOOO rock!! Congrats!
Lara
 
Susan, of course you rock. Of course I played with Rhi's graphic and I came up with the Rockin' Manch Blogger award (man wench) If you'd like one of those for Trevor, just let me know.
 
Of course you rock, babes!
 
Hey congrats on the multiple kudos! That rocks! =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home