Tuesday, April 15, 2008

 

Susan Speaks: Love that Wind

Yep, as I've said before, the winds, they are a-changin' over here. Most are good, but a few sort of suck. Read on and you can decide which is which. Maybe you can help change those sucky ones.

1. I've up and joined Facebook. Come friend me and teach me more about the joint. Be sure to join the West of Mars Groupie group, too, and show the world how into the band you are. (Not me. Just the band.)

2. I came up with this fantastic idea for the ShapeShifter logo that I can put on t-shirts and stuff. Problem is, my cats draw better than I do and when I tried to get the image out of my brain and onto the paper... well, I'm ashamed of how it looked. Not merely embarrassed. Ashamed.

3. I found a cool (free) font for the band to use. Is a free font, no matter how cool, good enough for our band?

4. So I decided that I'll give up to three t-shirts featuring this new logo to anyone who can pull it out of my brain and improve on it. One catch: You have to sign over the rights to me so I own it. But to make up for it, I promise to give you credit on the website and here on the blog.

5. I'm headed downtown for the big Romantic Times convention tomorrow. What's a commercial, mainstream fiction writer like myself doing at a romance convention? Learning, I hope. And hanging with the cool people I've met here. Hopefully both.

I smell more breezes on the horizon... stay tuned...

Labels:


Comments:
Heading over to Facebook in a minute...first, you should know I'm prepared to ply you with whatever it takes to find out what this wind is! It had better be what I think it is >-}

As for me, I'm currently in Indiana and should be arriving at the hotel tomorrow by 1:00pm. I have a few things set up and hope to see you at the party starting at 8:30pm. Otherwise, I'm in Club RT at 9:00am both Thursday and Friday...hoping to see you!

HUGS!
 
I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that you are finally on FB.

Have fun at the convention!
 
I have been a member of FB for some time, but can't figure out the appeal. Any idea? Is it like MySpace?
 
I looked for you under West of Mars, but I failed at my search.
 
I think the appeal is that it's a fun time suck. It seems to be a happy place, too.

I'm under my real name. Yeah, I know. You've got to remember all three of them and get that E on my middle one... blame my parents (and my uncle, who also named a girl named Susan).
 
Have fun at the convention! I won't be sane again until after next Monday, so you won't be missing much from my little corner of the world!
 
Make that "married a girl named Susan"
 
Talk to me baby. I can't draw but I'm good in Photoshop. We'll figure it out hopefully.
 
Have a great time at the convention, Susan!

And free fonts can be cool. If you think it suits the band, then go for it. :)
 
Have fun at RT, Susan. I haven't been brave enough to try Facebook yet. The T-shirts sound like a great idea. :-)
 
I can't say anything good (or bad) about Facebook. Never been there, don't intend to, don't get the appeal. But good luck with whatever it might be good for. LOL

Free fonts can be fantastic - and most people (including myself) wouldn't even be able to spot the difference between a good free one and a really expensive one.

T-Shirts are a great idea. Let me know if I can be of help with the logo. I'm pretty good with Photoshop and if I put my mind to it I can draw well enough. The only problem might be the pulling-it-out-of-your-brain bit. ;)
 
Hey! I tagged you ~ it's an EASY one! You can find it in "Two-fer For Tuesday!" on my blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home