Wednesday, August 06, 2008

 

Susan Speaks: Award Season!

Yep, it's that time of year again when you guys make me feel the warm fuzzies. You know, it's hard to write scenes with Trevor in them when I've got the warm fuzzies. Trevor, as most of you know, is diametrically opposed to the warm fuzzies. (Between you and me, I think Trevor's terrified of the warm fuzzies, but I don't think any of you groupies are surprised by that.)

There are a ton of awards that have been directed not just at this blog, but at my Win a Book blog, too. Let me recap for you:

Allessandra at her place has given Win a Book the Brillante Award. She thanks us for helping her win new reads.

My dear friend Bob-kat has given me the SuperCommentor award. I think all you guys know how hard I try to say something of meaning, so this felt very good, indeed. Read what she had to say here.

More of that Brillante Award. My dear, dear friend Bunnygirl sent this one my way, and coming from her, that's high praise. Once school starts for my kids, don't be surprised if you hear more adventures of Susan and Bunnygirl...

Win a Book was actually awarded two more awards, but as they rolled in when I was about to roll off to Cub Scout Camp, I sent them to Breeni and asked her to acknowledge them on behalf of the WaB team.

I'd pass these along because I've met even more cool people of late and am dying to acknowledge them, but I'm also about to pop back out of town for another week. (Or I'm already there. You decide.) Once the summer travels are over and life settles down into a pre-school and kids' birthday hubbub, I'll see what I can do to make sure you know of the coolness that's been entering my life.

Awards or no, know I'm grateful to all of you for hanging out with me. And Trevor. And the rest of the fictional folk who populate this place. I may be busy doing semi-interesting things right now, but it won't last. The fictional gang are still more interesting than I am. That's not going to change; it's why I'm a writer.

Labels:


Comments:
You truly deserve the awards. I know I have not visited you lately but I am gonna make up for it soon!
 
I don't know about that . . . I find that you are actually a VERY interesting person. Just sayin'.
 
Ahhh here I am again. It's been a while but I'm back sweetie and very overwhelmed from Nationals. LOL!
 
Congratulations on all your awards! They are super well-deserved. And to be sure you know (I hope you know :-) ) - you would have gotten the Brilliante award from me, too, if you hadn't already got it from Bunny. :)

Adventures soon for you and Bunny? I am intrigued!

Have a great trip, and I'm delighted to hear of the coolness going on in your life -- life can never have too much coolness! :)
 
Who could be more brillante than you, Susan? *cheek kiss*
 
Oh, thank you, darling!

But I can think of many. I ought to get on that and pass this award around.
 
Congrats on the awards! You definitely deserve all of them and then some :) I'm sure I speak for all of your regulars when I say that your comments are always appreciated and give me the warm fuzzies (I cna just about hear Trevor groaning and slamming the door, LoL!).

Glad the post card arrived Okay - that Castle is about 6-7 hours drive from me though I have some that are just 45 mins - 1 hour away too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home